Sunday, August 12, 2012

Star Lake 2012

We love us our Star Lake. And I'm big enough now that I remember coming up every year. We had a great time celebrating Poppy's 60th - we did a surprise mini-triathlon to make sure the old man still's got it! Other highlights included: hanging with my cousins, eating at the "fun" cabin, building sand castles, playing with the big kids, skiing, Eagles, Alice the chipmunk, Leo and his favorite thing ever - boat rides, and of course, Uncle Kishka. And I've said next year I'll try to waterski. Poppy is quite excited. I made Leo go tubing this year, so that takes the pressure off for awhile...

Being good on the car ride Up North

Some rainy day reading

And some rainy day putting stickers on my Poppy 
while he sleeps - he sleeps through anything!

Leo and Poppy paddleboarding

Cousin Claire Bear showing her stuff getting ready for the Birthday Party Triathlon! We swam, threw rope, played games AND rewarded the Birthday Boy, Poppy, with a big bucket of candy. I personally, liked that the candy was in my Poppy's cabin all week since I stayed there too. Mmmm.
Happy Birthday, Poppy! You are one amazing guy! Oh, and he and Uncle Kenny already did a 60-mile bike ride BEFORE we put him through all this. Pretty cool. 



A new yearly tradition: bloody marys before noon 
and pizza for kids. Gotta love Wisconsin!

Poor Uncle Pat. The rain cramped his Siesta style.

Hangin' with Soph and Mommy

Us gals could solve all the worlds' 
problems -  just sitting, talking, snacking on a swing.

To my brother, playing with bubbles 
in a lifejacket was not so enjoyable

We could not get Leo out of the boat. Or away from the horn.

My cousins are cool. And so is my hair.

 I am contemplating the big question - to ski or not to ski? 
I decided that it would be next year, "When I am almost 5."

Another thing Leo could not get enough of: tubing with Poppy!

Having some fun with Uncle Kenny but still wanting OUT 
of that lifejacket!

Cousin Joey plays guitar - Leo wants to learn.


 Some hiking...




I grabbed some sticks and said I wanted to 
knit everyone scarves - just like my Grandma T.

Cousin Picknicking

And a happy lifejacket picture!

Yes, and more tubing.

Well, here is my Poppy. He's skiing barefoot. He's 60!
And he's pretty darn amazing.



Spectating with Auntie Debbie

Little spotters


 All right already, Leo, with the tubing!


The annual Star Lake sunset picture. What a circus it was this year!

And, for the finale - some classic rainy-day heckling from my Uncle Kishka (a.k.a Uncle Mike) - 
but I think the new name will stick.